Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Last Day of Clean Week

When we got home from church this morning (Presanctified Liturgy again) I heated up the soup (from Wednesday), got out the salad (made yesterday), and made fresh almond milk.
I made the salad from lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, and black beans and seasoned with fresh lemon juice, herbs de Provence, and salt.  It  was pretty yummy!  The fresh almond milk was the best part of the meal though!  I sweetened it with honey and added a little vanilla. 

We got a nice break from our "same old" soup yesterday when friends came over and brought vegetarian sushi with them!  Yum!!!  Now we are back to the soup for lunch and dinner.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow when the fast will be lightened a little!  Andrey is going to make a chocolate cake for my and my mother in laws birthday and I'm going to let myself have some of these:
They are my favorite Lenten snack!  I kept seeing them in the cupboard last week (before Lent!) and craving them.  So good!  When I googled to find a picture of them, I saw that they are selling on Amazon.com for $10!  I think that's at least twice what you buy them for at Trader Joe's.  I'm well stocked for Lent though, so I shouldn't have to resort to buying them online.

I'm hoping to make zhavoronky this afternoon and later on today we will go back to church for the Matins for St. Theodore of Tyro (and the 40 Martyrs of Sebaste) tomorrow.


We heard some more sad news this morning.  The son of an acquaintance lost her son to suicide.  We just saw them a few weeks ago at a church event.  It's so very sad to hear of this.  Lots of people to pray for!

On a cheerier note, here is the photo of Elizabeth for this post.  It is from when we were in Georgia.  It was taken while we were on a walk to the light house at Fort Pulaski near Tybee Island.  I love her smile even though her eyes are covered by her hat!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Wow; that is hard for the parents, Lord have mercy!
*
yes, many to pray for.
*
blessed week to you!